Welcome, from Neil Nelson our Church Safeguarding Officer, and the team, to the Safeguarding Page for All Saints. Here you will find everything you need to know about the care we undertake when working with children and vulnerable adults.
Our Parish Roles and Responsibilities
- To adopt and implement the House of Bishops’ Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ Parish Safeguarding Handbook
- To appoint an appropriately experienced, named Parish Safeguarding Officer to work with the incumbent and the Parochial Church Council
- To ensure Safer Recruitment, Support and Training by having a policy statement on the recruitment of ex-offenders and ensure all those responsible for working with children, young people and vulnerable adults on behalf of the church are safely recruited
- To ensure all church officers are aware of the safeguarding policy/guidance and are trained appropriately for their roles
- To provide appropriate insurance to cover for all activities undertaken in the name of the Parochial Church Council which involve children, young people and adults
- To display a formal statement of adoption of the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church; Safeguarding Policy Statement’ and signed on behalf of the PCC
- To ensure information is displayed about how to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisors (SA(s), Parish Safeguarding Officer and how to get help outside the church with child and adult safeguarding issues
- To ensure that a link to our safeguarding arrangements are clearly visible on the front page of this website
- To have a procedure in place to deal promptly with safeguarding allegations or suspicions of abuse
For further information contact Neil via the contact form or the Safeguarding Team at Church House Manchester.